Let me start with my days of the week, so I can refer to days without explaining much.
Sunday: Arrival/EPCOT/Magic Kingdom
Monday: Hollywood Studios/Boardwalk
Tuesday: Typhoon Lagoon/EPCOT
Wensday: Animal Kingdom/Boardwalk
Thursday: EPCOTFriday: Magic Kingdom
Saturday: Magic Kingdom/Leave.
-I'll start off with a good note before I get to the one bad part of this trip (Not counting the annoying 20 minute rains every single day.)
-Hall of Presidents was absolutely stunning. I'm a history buff, and I'm glad that they distanced the show from EPCOT's American Adventure, I could and probably will write an entire post about how they hit the mark entirely.
-The Magic Kingdom had some mechanical problems this week. On Friday, Splash was down when I got to the park at 10 AM, after which Big Thunder broke down for a good 20. I didn't care because I ended up staying until 2AM, so I waited, but it was definately frustrating for other guests. Then, on Saturday. Haunted Mansion had to be evacuated while I was in line. It was up and running soon enough, as I passed it 30 minutes later and seemed to be running fine.
- I don't know what the heck was going on in my head, but I had a stange addiction to Country Bears this trip. Ussually I'll hit it twice, but this trip I hit is a stunning 6 times. I just seemed to get a new apprciation for it everytime I see it.
- What else did I hit 6 times? Splash. I think it really is my favorite Theme Park Ride ever.
- I didn't miss Space Mountain at all this trip. Don't get me wrong, I love Space Mountain, but it being closed didn't have the impact on me that I thought it would.
- Luckily, the topic of the DisneyShawn blog before and during (and now after) my trip was Tomorrowland, and now I appriciate the city theme it has. I've always loved the Pay Phone, (which was a project DisneyShawn actually wrote for) but the other elements just fit perfectly, including Buzz and Stitch.
- After the unfortunate incident where a Jungle Cruise Skipper told us that she wanted to be fired, Karma swung in my favor with two of the greatest skippers I've ever had. One skipper actually got sprayed by one of the elephants, which got my sister wet too, and we all howled with laughter. So many things just worked out, such as real ducks landing in the African Waterhole, which constituted hilarity.
- I still love Philharmagic, though I wish they had used one more Pre 90s movie. As much as I love the Lion King, I would have been happy had that part been replaced by a classic film.- I was finally able to pick up Pinocchio while at the MK, as well as the Saludos/3 Cabs double pack. Love them all.
- World Showcase is my all time favorite part of any Disney Park, and with my parents deciding to not emabark with me for most of this trip, I decided to slow down from my normal routine and spend more time exploring the WS. It was worth it I tell you. First time I really experienced the street performers in France, Italy, Japan, and China. It was a blast to slow down.
-Most underrated moment of any Disney Trip: Watching people rush to see British Invasion after hearing a Beatles Song blast from the speakers.-A new must do at EPCOT for me when possible: Off Kilter at 7:30 followed by British Invasion at 8:00. (Two seperated fans of Off Kilter wanted their CDs signed after the show. That must feel awesome.)
- Someone update the France film, please.- Future World is good. Nothing interesting happened there except having fun. Was a bit dissapointed that Living with the Land went down without much notice. Luckily nothing else in Future World broke down. ;)
- For the Record, I was planning to hit a half a day at the Studios on Saturday, but Good old Henry came a calling in my dreams (really, he did) and I went to MK instead.
- I do want Disney to update the GMR, but if they do, I hope its not changed too much. Just replace a couple of scenes, refurbish the good ones, and keep the film at the end. GMR movie montage is in my top five all time favorite WDW moments.
- First time I had ever seen Toy Story Mania NOT being the longest line in the park.
- I was really close to trying out for AIE, but decided it would be easier after I turn 18 and don't need a gaurdian to sign paperwork. I experienced another amazing singer. Who knew a physics teacher can sing "Ain't Too Proud to Beg"?
- Muppet*Vision had a least two full shows. And This was before the rain! I hope things work out well for this Muppet revival. I really do. Muppet*Vision remains my all time favorite WDW show.
-Sorry to be frank, but Backlot Tour seriously needs to go
.-The Princess and Frog display at DHS was stunning to me. Cannot wait for the film.
-Its amazing the people you find in One Man's Dream. Got into a 5 minute debate about the legacy of Eisner with another Disney Fantatic. Good Times, Goood times.
-I have been converted into an All Day Animal Kingdom guy. I bought the Imagineer's guide to AK, and was stunned at the amount of detail I had never noticed before. Planning on leaving at 1:00, I ended up staying until 5 because of just how much I've missed. It was a blast.
-Glad to see Br'er Rabbit and friends out and about. Can't they meet by their own ride? At least it wasn't as odd as Country Bears @ EPCOT.
- Everything was looking good at AK. No problems at all.
-I have the best new CM story ever. At the Boardwalk, My dad was pulling out his money clip to give my sister and I some money for the ESPN Arcade (I'm a sucker for small Arcades, OK?) while waiting for a spot at the Big River Grille to open. His Credidt Card flew out, and fell between the cracks and into the lake. We could see it floating in the water, and my Mom went to see if she could get a net. Soon enough, a boat came over from the beach club, with a Net in hand, to scoop it out. A crowd had gathered at that time, and they were all rooting for the CMs to get the card. When they got it, the crowd erupted in cheers. More Disney Magic, eh?
- The EPCOT resort lake now has turtles living in it.
-The walk or bike around the EPCOT resorts is a blast, actually.
This trip, I ate at California Grill, Sci-Fi, Cape May, Italy, ESPN Club, Big River Grille, and Whispering Canyon, all good.
Any questions/comments? If I think of more, I'll be sure to post it. Now, until then...
"The Bear Band Bears will play now, in the good old key of G...."
Be Our Guest (And get ready for some reviews!)
8 years ago